Friday, August 21, 2009

Having a sick kid sucks!!!

Well, I was hoping it had run it's course but I guess not. #3 (yes my husband and I have jokingly numbered our children) now has the bug. Nothing like a sick child to really liven up the day. High fever, vomiting, stuff coming out of every part of her little body. Yeah this is the life.



This all started with #2 (Matthew). Hit him out of the blue. Fine one minute SICK the next. Lasted for a couple of day's and we thought we were in the clear. No one else in the house showing any symptoms. Then #1 (Emmy) started. My throat hurts, my head hurts, I don't think I can go to school today. I knew it was only a matter of time.



Now at this point all I'm trying to do is keep all sick kids away from #4 ( the baby) but for some reason this is when they are most attracted to him. "I'm just trying to kiss him" I hear. Stay away from him I say.


Now don't get me wrong, by this stage in the game I am a semi-pro at this. Yes, I know not to panic when the fever gets high, just put them in the tub, and to cover everything they lay on or around because you would be amazed at the distance a child can get while vomiting without even trying.

But the one thing I am still amazed at is the lack of sleep. You know, it's just not as much fun staying up all night with a sick child as it was when you were younger and hanging out with your friends. You could go all night. wishing it would never end. But now, your a parent and all you can think is please let this child go to sleep so maybe I can rest. Which you know you won't because while their asleep you go into watch mode. Constantly checking on them, listening for every sound they make, watching the clock so you have the next dose of medicine ready, glass of water in hand. Silently praying the fever will break, the vomiting will stop and by tomorrow they will be all better, and maybe you can finally take that much needed shower.

But I better wrap this up. It's that time. Baby needs fed, temp needs to be taken. And hopefully, all will be better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment