Tuesday, August 18, 2009

When did that happen???

As I sit here before bed I was wondering when did that happen? Your asking yourself what is she talking about right. Well what I mean is, when did I turn into my mother?

Now growing up I heard from various people that someday I would act just like my mother. I took that a a compliment. Any of you who know my mother know she is a very strong woman. So if i was going to be like someone she would be the one. I was also told I would have a child that acted just like me. I got that one twice over thank you. But that's story for another day.

What I mean is this--earlier I was trying to get everyone settled for bed, that's a chore in itself around here. Everyone calling for mom at the same time while Baby Aaron not wanting to be left out decided it was time to eat and all I could think of was when I was little and I would call for my mom like the 100th time and she would say "Mom dose not live here anymore".
Now as a child (an only child at that) I would think to myself why is she saying that? But now as I'm older and a mother I fully understand it. I now also understand the old Cal gone commercial.You know the one Cal gone take me away!!

I have also been known to wander around the house and ask if I am talking to myself (no one ever answers me on that), were you born in a barn, and the classic "I don't care what so&so's mom does I'm not her mom".

So there you have it. Some how, some way I have turned into my mother. I'm not sure when it happened but it did. But that's o.k. I'm at peace with it because if I turn out to be half the mother I was blessed with, I'm doing just fine.

Now turn out the lights, it's time for bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment